Monday, February 15, 2010

Male and Female Bathrooms

Okay, now for a real post. I was talking with a friend the other day about the difference between bathrooms in girls' and guys' apartments. I grew up in a house full of brothers, and this is the first year I've lived in an apartment instead of dorms with communal bathrooms. It's taken some getting used to. There are some similarities: I always thought I deserved some sort of award for sharing a bathroom with three brothers, but it turns out girls leave shreds of toilet paper on the floor and toothpaste splatters on the mirror too.
The differences kind of make me want to go back to sharing with my brothers. When you're sharing a bathroom with five other girls there are SO MANY BOTTLES!!! Our counter is covered with beauty products. I counted, and between our two showers we have 23 bottles of shampoo/conditioner/who-knows-what, plus a plethora of razors and poofy things. There's hardly room to turn around in there. This is in sharp contrast to when I got in the shower back home over the summer and realized my only options were a bottle of Axe shampoo and a sliver of soap that looked like it had been there since I had left for school the year before.
At least the floor around the toilet is less questionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment